The CMP3 pyranometer from Kipp and Zonen is an entry-level thermopile pyranometer. Despite its budget price, the CMP3 is able to deliver Class C levels of accuracy. Based on a similar design to the commercial-grade CMP10/11s the CMP3 utilises high-grade technology. It is ideal for routine studies and observations both indoors and outdoors.
The 180 ° field of view delivered by the quartz dome ensures the ideal performance of measuring GHI. No power is required for the CMP3 pyranometer, instead, an output of 0-20 mV is produced in relation to the solar irradiance received.
CMP3 Pyranometer Specifications
|Spectral range (50% points)||300 to 2800 nm|
|Sensitivity||5 to 20 µV/W/m²|
|Response time||18 s|
|Zero offset A||< 15 W/m²|
|Zero offset B||< 5 W/m²|
|Directional response (up to 80° with 1000 W/m² beam)||< 20 W/m²|
|Temperature dependence of sensitivity (-10 ºC to +40 ºC)||< 5 %|
|Operational temperature range||-40 °C to +80 °C|
|Maximum solar irradiance||2000 W/m²|
|Field of view||180 °|
CMP3 Pyranometer Accessories
- AMPBOX – Boosts the pyranometers output signal
- Ventilation unit – Maintains the pyranometer temperature. Prevents dew, dust, frost, and snow build up.
- Mounting plate (unventilated) – One or two (albedometer) pyranometers can be mounted.
- Mounting plate (ventilated) – One or two (albedometer) pyranometers with ventilation units can be mounted
- Mounting brackets – For fixing the mounting plate to the appropriate wall or pole.
- Shadow Ring – Blocks direct radiation
- Adjustable tilt kit – Allows precise alignment of the pyranometer’s angle. Ideal for Plane of Array studies.
- Cable lengths – Various cable lengths available 10, 25, 50 and 100m.