Kipp and Zonen SMP10 Pyranometer
In our opinion, the Kipp and Zonen SMP10 pyranometer is the flag ship pyranometer within the solar energy sector. The SMP10 offers exceptional performance, very easy installation, versatile output options with very low maintenance all without upsetting the accountants.
The Kipp and Zonen SMP10 Pyranometer is a Class A (secondary standard) pyranometer that combines the sensor technology and smart interface from the CMP11 pyranometer with the low maintenance from the CMP10 Pyranometer. The accuracy of the measurement and the RS-485 Modbus serial communications means the SMP10 is perfect for any sized PV solar farm where full SCADA integration capabilities are needed.
Widely used within the solar energy sector, the SMP10 provides high-quality data for feasibility studies and monitoring the photovoltaic performance of established solar projects. The SMP and CMP range of pyranometers utilise a thermopile sensor. Thermopile sensors absorb a greater spectrum of solar radiation (than silicone sensors) and have a near-perfect cosine response. As a result, they are considered superior to silicon sensors.
The Kipp and Zonen SMP10 has an internal drying cartridge that will last for at least 10 years. This minimises maintenance significantly by reducing the requirement to replace the desiccant cartridge (as per the SMP11 Pyranometer). The drying cartridge is replaced as standard when the SMP10 is returned for re-calibration.
The interval for dome cleaning can be extended, and the quality of measurements maximized, by fitting SMP10 with the CVF4 ventilation unit.
SMP10 Pyranometer Specifications
|Spectral range (50% points)||285 to 2800 nm|
|Response time (63%)||< 0.7 s|
|Response time (95%)||< 2 s|
|Zero offset A||< 7 W/m²|
|Zero offset B||< 2 W/m²|
|Directional response (up to 80° with 1000 W/m² beam)||< 10 W/m²|
|Temperature dependence of sensitivity (-20 ºC to +50 ºC)||< 1 %|
|Analogue output (-V version)||0 to 1 V|
|Analogue output (-A version)||4 to 20 mA|
|Digital output||2-wire RS-485 Modbus|
For more information on how the Kipp and Zonen SMP10 Pyranometer works click here.
Kipp and Zonen SMP10 Accessories:
- AMPBOX – Boosts the pyranometers output signal
- Ventilation unit – Maintains the pyranometer temperature. Prevents dew, dust, frost, and snow build up.
- Mounting plate (unventilated) – One or two (albedometer) pyranometers can be mounted.
- Mounting plate (ventilated) – One or two (albedometer) pyranometers with ventilation units can be mounted
- Mounting brackets – For fixing the mounting plate to the appropriate wall or pole.
- Shadow Ring – Blocks direct radiation
- Adjustable tilt kit – Allows precise alignment of the pyranometer’s angle. Ideal for Plane of Array studies.
- Cable lengths – Various cable lengths available 10, 25, 50 and 100m.