Kipp and Zonen CMP10 Pyranometer
The CMP10 pyranometer is the industry standard pyranometer for measuring solar irradiance on solar farms and for meteorological research. Its thermopile sensors provide outstanding accuracy and stability so you can be sure your data is accurate year in year out.
The CMP10 is based on the CMP11 but with a few differences. The CMP10’s drying cartridge is housed inside the sealed body of the pyranometer. This provides a higher standard of protection against moisture and requires less maintenance as the internal cartridge only needs changing every 10 years.
Unlike its serial brother (the SMP10 – Modbus RS485), the CMP10 pyranometer does not require power. Instead, it supplies a low voltage of 0 to 20mV in relation to the amount of incoming radiation. For installations where a higher voltage or 4-20mA signal is needed, then the AMPBOX accessory can be added which ‘boosts’ the signal.
CMP10 Pyranometer Specifications
|Spectral range (50% points)||285 to 2800 nm|
|Sensitivity||7 to 14 µV/W/m²|
|Response time||< 5 s|
|Zero offset A||< 7 W/m²|
|Zero offset B||< 2 W/m²|
|Directional response (up to 80° with 1000 W/m² beam)||< 10 W/m²|
|Temperature dependence of sensitivity (-10 ºC to +40 ºC)||< 1 %|
|Operational temperature range||-40 °C to +80 °C|
|Maximum solar irradiance||4000 W/m²|
|Field of view||180 °|
- AMPBOX – Boosts the pyranometers output signal
- Ventilation unit – Maintains the pyranometer temperature. Prevents dew, dust, frost, and snow build up.
- Mounting plate (unventilated) – One or two (albedometer) pyranometers can be mounted.
- Mounting plate (ventilated) – One or two (albedometer) pyranometers with ventilation units can be mounted
- Mounting brackets – For fixing the mounting plate to the appropriate wall or pole.
- Shadow Ring – Blocks direct radiation
- Adjustable tilt kit – Allows precise alignment of the pyranometer’s angle. Ideal for Plane of Array studies.
- Cable lengths – Various cable lengths available 10, 25, 50 and 100m.