CMP22 Pyranometer – Kipp and Zonen
The Kipp and Zonen CMP22 Pyranometer has all the features of CMP21 but uses an even higher-quality quartz dome. This provides a wider spectral range, improved directional response, and reduced thermal offsets. The directional error is reduced below 5 W/m².
CMP22 has individually optimised temperature compensation and a standard thermistor sensor is fitted to monitor the housing temperature.
Each instrument is supplied with its own temperature and directional (cosine response) test data.
The CMP22 is ideal for research-grade applications where accuracy is paramount.
The CMP22 pyranometer requires no power. Instead, it supplies a low voltage of 0 to 20mV, proportional to the quantity of incoming radiation.
When a higher voltage level or a 4 to 20mA signal is required, you can combine the pyranometer with an AMPBOX as an alternative.
|Spectral range (50% points)||200 to 3600 nm|
|Sensitivity||7 to 14 µV/W/m²|
|Response time||5 s|
|Zero offset A||< 3 W/m²|
|Zero offset B||< 1 W/m²|
|Directional response (up to 80° with 1000 W/m² beam)||< 5 W/m²|
|Temperature dependence of sensitivity (-20 ºC to +50 ºC)||< 0.5 %|
|Operational temperature range||-40 °C to +80 °C|
|Maximum solar irradiance||4000 W/m²|
|Field of view||180 °|
CMP22 Pyranometer Accessories:
- AMPBOX – Boosts the pyranometers output signal
- Ventilation unit – Maintains the pyranometer temperature. Prevents dew, dust, frost, and snow build up.
- Mounting plate (unventilated) – One or two (albedometer) pyranometers can be mounted.
- Mounting plate (ventilated) – One or two (albedometer) pyranometers with ventilation units can be mounted
- Mounting brackets – For fixing the mounting plate to the appropriate wall or pole.
- Shadow Ring – Blocks direct radiation
- Adjustable tilt kit – Allows precise alignment of the pyranometer’s angle. Ideal for Plane of Array studies.
- Cable lengths – Various cable lengths available 10, 25, 50 and 100m.