|Spectral range (50% points)||300 to 2800 nm|
|Response time (63%)||< 1.5 s|
|Response time (95%)||< 12 s|
|Zero offset A||< 15 W/m²|
|Zero offset B||< 5 W/m²|
|Directional response (up to 80° with 1000 W/m² beam)||20 W/m²|
|Temperature dependence of sensitivity (-20 ºC to +50 ºC)||< 3 %|
|Analogue output (-V version)||0 to 1 V|
|Analogue output (-A version)||4 to 20 mA|
|Digital output||2-wire RS-485|
The SMP3 pyranometer solar irradiance sensor measures solar radiation (solar insolation) flux density (W/m²) on a planar surface. Widely used within the solar energy sector, the SMP3 provides high-quality data for monitoring photovoltaic performance of commercial rooftop and utility-scale solar installation. The SMP and CMP range of pyranometers utilise a thermopile sensor. Thermopile sensors absorb a greater spectrum of solar radiation and have a near-perfect cosine response. As a result, they are considered superior.
For more information on how the SMP3 Pyranometer functions click here.
Kipp and Zonen SMP10 Accessories:
- AMPBOX – Boosts the pyranometers output signal
- Ventilation unit – Maintains the pyranometer temperature. Prevents dew, dust, frost, and snow build up.
- Mounting plate (unventilated) – One or two (albedometer) pyranometers can be mounted.
- Mounting plate (ventilated) – One or two (albedometer) pyranometers with ventilation units can be mounted
- Mounting brackets – For fixing the mounting plate to the appropriate wall or pole.
- Shadow Ring – Blocks direct radiation
- Adjustable tilt kit – Allows precise alignment of the pyranometer’s angle. Ideal for Plane of Array studies.
- Cable lengths – Various cable lengths available 10, 25, 50 and 100m.